About this blog

This is my secondary, extremely-seldomly updated blog about music.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kamelot is not the same.

Roy "Khan" Khantatat, the voice of Kamelot for thirteen years, has left the band. This is just a year of prog metal tragedies, isn't it? Unlike with Dream Theater, I'm not going to pronounce them dead--they still have Thomas Youngblood, guitarist, founder, and creative brain behind the band--but considering Khan's awesomeness, they're going to have to find someone excellent to stand a chance of replacing him. I look forward to seeing where Khan ends up as well. Best case scenario: considering DragonForce's recent parting of ways with ZP Theart, a switch is in order. Imagine Kamelot with ZP and--oh my goodness--DragonForce with Khan. I wish I could create some kind of vocal-switch mashup to experiment with how awesome this would be.

Note: Nevermind that DragonForce has already found a singer. This needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment