About this blog

This is my secondary, extremely-seldomly updated blog about music.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Update

I just realized how long it's been since I posted to this blog with all that's going on with my other one. No review right now, but here is a smattering of what I've been enjoying lately.

Straight-up power metal about the art of war. This whole album is great when peace is no longer an option and I'm crushing my enemies in Civ V (preferably as the ever-bloodthirsty Gandhi).

I may review Dark Moor's penultimate album soon; it's definitely more on the symphonic side of symphonic power metal, with plenty of operatic bombast and flourish. The lyrics of this song are from Odysseus' perspective, about Penelope.

I am almost certainly going to review this album when I get a chance. Anubis Gate is some of the best progressive power metal I've heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment